Wednesday, November 2, 2011

An interview with a hero...

Here it is!!  The long awaited interview with one of my heroes!  Or is it hero-ess??  Either way, my co-worker Shannon recently rocked the Mankato Half Marathon with a new personal record of under two hours!!  It was a crazy fast 13.1 miles that she did in one hour, fifty nine minutes and eight seconds.  Wow.  That's just one of the reasons she's my hero.  She also ran a full marathon this past spring.   So, I hounded, stalked, whined  and wore her down until she agreed to do an interview with me for this blog.  It went as follows:

ME: What was your first race?

Shannon:  It was an Earth Day 5k.  I ran it out of peer pressure.  My dental office all ran it. (not where we work now)  I went into retirement after that!

Why did you start running?

To lose weight 

But you could do lots of stuff to lose weight, why run?

It was cheap!

Why do you still run?

 It's still cheap!

 What's your favorite song on your running playlist right now?

Gary Allen  "Get off on the pain"

What actor is going to play you in the movie about your life?

Demi Moore-GI Jane Style!!

You run with friends and neighbors, do they have a nickname for you?

Yes, they call me The Streak!   (I don't want to know the history of that one!)

What do you do with all the "goodies" you win from your races?

My husband built  a room onto the house, I have my own "Bling Wing!"  (WOW-what a guy!!)

What is your favorite thing about running?

The way you feel after a run.

What don't you like about running?

The first couple of miles and having to buy so many shoes.

What is your favorite pre-race meal?

Sardines and graham crackers   (um, gross, but whatever!)

If you were a zoo animal, what would you be?

A white tiger-meow!

Why did you decide to run a full marathon?

It was on my bucket list!!  Did you know that less than 1% of American's can do that??   (She is planning on doing another one and she's pumped about it!)

You're one of my heroes, who is your hero?

Dolvett from The Biggest Loser!!

Do you run with a good luck charm?


No, but I have to put on and take off my left sock five times before lacing my shoe.

What is your dream race?

One involving running in great weather, celebrities, lots of bathrooms, and camel rides when you're done!!

Thank you Shannon for taking the time to answer all my probing questions!!   You're such an inspiration to so many people!!


Shannon and I at the Graniteman 10K in September


Who is one of your heroes??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Let's face it, you rock!