Sunday, December 4, 2011

'Tis the Season

'Tis the season.  

It's that time of year when you see trees strapped to the tops of cars and people ringing bells in front of stores.  It's also the time of year when the grocery store kitty corner from my workplace has their live nativity.  It's really cool.  People dressed up as the appropriate characters of the infamous Christmas story, complete with shepherds, wise men and various livestock.  

I normally don't stop and check out the live nativity, but this week I got off work early one day (rare) and as I was driving by the parking lot I saw two of the nativity donkeys giving the crowds a show of their own.  How could I NOT stop and ogle a couple of big eared well-asses going at it?   You're right.  I couldn't.  The unfortunate thing is that this rarity was broken up by the time I got my handy dandy camera phone ready to take of picture.  When I got out of the car, the wise men had the donkeys separated and behaving in proper donkey manner again.  Bummer.  I guess if you're a donkey, it's a totally different kind of season...

Live nativity after the side show settles down...


This weekend I got to take Bunker and Cally to an AKC agility trial.  Let's just say they're superstars!  And they also seem to be the dogs that attract the laws of stupid stuff that happens.  

Before Cally was to go into the ring on Saturday, she decided to jump up on the table that holds all the treats for the people running in the ring.  She doesn't just jump up there feet first, she jumps up with her whole  body.  This freaks me out and I basically hang her from her leash and she stops mid jump and flips back to me.  In the process of all of this flailing around, her feet hit a container on the table and it flies through the air a good ten feet and hits an unsuspecting lady in the head.  So. Not. Kidding.  That's my girl.  If you plan on being around us, you might want to consider wearing some kind of helmet...


Table full of treats and toys-or weapons??


Then Bunker decided to sniff the derriere of another Lab before going in the ring.  This Lab owner and I don't have the best history (because she hates me) and in my attempt to make Bunker mind his manners sniffer wise, I wrenched my finger in the leash.  Now it's all swollen and ouchy.  Not cool.  An agility injury.  I suppose some Traumeel and ice should help.  That's what I get for sticking my fingers where they don't belong!!!  
Real live custom representation of my hand...
Made by yours truly...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Let's face it, you rock!