Thursday, March 14, 2013

Living on Tulsa Time...

The Prickett Pack has arrived in Tulsa! We're here for the 2013 AKC National Agility Championship. Bunker and Cally will be running this weekend. We qualified and went back in 2011 when it was held in Virginia. It was awesome.

Of course back then we also practiced a couple of times a week and took weekly lessons to make certain we were ready. This time around-um not so much. Practices have been few and far between. In fact,half of my equipment isn't functional right now.

Back in 2011 I'd sworn off caffeine and ate salads en route to make certain I was in tip top shape to run the pups. This year I'm skating on Chick-fil-a, Starburst jelly beans and diet Coke.

I'd be lying if I said that I don't care how the dogs do this year. Who enters a competition but doesn't care how they do? Ok, probably somebody but not me. I care. But I think my standards have changed for this year. This year my prayer is that I handle my dogs well and make good handling choices. The chips (not bars!) will fall where they may, but then I can walk away from this with joyful memories of two labs and one handler having the time of their lives in an agility ring.

Wish us luck!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! Let's face it, you rock!