Thursday, June 7, 2012

National Day of Running Fail (aka the foot post)

Yesterday was the national day of running.  I had every intention of going for a run yesterday morning.  I got up early and put on my little running skirt, my sunscreen, grabbed my iPod and was totally set.  Until I put my shoes on.  I don't have new shoes, in fact the pair I have still have some mile to go before I trade them in. Can you do that?  If not, you should be able to do that.  Just like cars.  At least give me a portion of my purchase price back-right??

Anyway, there was obviously nothing wrong with my shoes, but rather my feet.

Do you know how hard it is to take a picture of the back of your feet?


I played golf the night before where I shot a "Paula low record" of 53, (look for me on tour soon-or not)  and I had on my golf sandals that gave me two beautiful blisters on the back of my heels.  So when I put my tenny runners on-it hurt like H-E-double hockey sticks.  I did the ol' XLMIC trick of popping them and doing the band aid thing, but I really didn't want to chance ripping up my tender skin any more than  it was already massacred.  The biggest reason was because I'm running the pups this weekend and I didn't want to be all gimpy on the course.  I totally failed at running on the national day of running.  Kudos to those of you who went out and rocked it-I'm proud of you!

I did want to get a work out in though.  I hoped that if I did some biking, it wouldn't bother my blistered bunny feet.  My clip shoes made me aware that I had some tender areas but seemed ok enough, so I took Eeyore out for a jaunt.  The toughest part was that I'd put 13.5 miles on the day before (yes and golfed on the same day-'cause I'm crazy like that) in a mere 47 minutes.  (you do the math to figure out my pace-I'm not gonna tell!)   So to ride bike a second day was tough on my trashed legs, (because running wouldn't be?) but at least my feet didn't hurt!
Eeyore left a love mark
The other reason I need my feet to be back to normal is because of my newest acquisition.  My friend Pammy held a gun to my head (for real-right there in the store-it was shocking!) and MADE me buy these--
They're completely impractical, and totally abnormal for my foot wear choices (minus one pair of leopard heels).  I LOVE them.  Plus when I wear them, I'm taller than Mr. P-hee hee.  I was feeling a little silly about the buying these crazy FMP's but I've decided that-(those of you who are related to me may want to close your eyes here and stop reading now)- I'm going to wear them as lingerie.  Actually I informed the sales guy my intention of boudoir footwear and he just laughed.  As I walked away, he said "I hope your husband enjoys your new shoes!"  Seriously?  How could he not?

2 comments:

  1. I didn't go running on National Day of running either, in fact I did no exercise. So good for you for doing something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. now.. I really really really want to see you wear those!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! Let's face it, you rock!