Saturday, April 7, 2012

A Sign of the Future?

The other day I mentioned that when I rode Eeyore (my bike-for those of you with super short term memories and can't remember the name of my totally awesome two wheel pedal bike that lives in my dining room) my "sits" bones would get super sore.  They weren't because I wear see through tights-that has nothing to do with it, at least I don't think it does.  One would think that my large gluteus maximus would be padded enough to withstand a bike ride to the moon and back, but I guess not.

So, I ordered some padded bike shorts.  My friend Amy(who does all things TRI) told me that the Terry brand was the best way to go.  I found them online and totally dig the stuff they have.  Since I quit my day job (newsflash-since I've hardly told anyone)  and have all this extra time, I'm thinking I could go on their wild goose chase bike ride.  Bunker likes to chase geese, maybe I would too.  I've never tried it.    Because I'm frugal, (not cheap-there is a difference)  I found another site that had the same Terry shorts but for less shipped to my door.  Yes folks, I'm a deal finder.  Feel free to bask in my awesomeness.  Or not-that's ok too.


Now then, I've never worn padded shorts before.  A padded bra-yes, but padding on my rear-never.  Having no previous experience with this, I find them a bit, um, strange.  I wonder if this is what it's going to feel like when I'm in the geriatric stages of my life?  Is my plumbing going to give out at a certain age making padded bike shorts necessary for social interaction?   People are always warning you about the future with things like "just wait until you get older!"  Is that what they're talking about?   I am hoping technology will have solved this whole "old age issue" thing by the time I get there.  Paws seriously crossed on that one.   Shudder.  

As far as serving their biking purpose.  They rock.  Obviously I don't have any other brands to compare them to, but after seven miles today, my tuckus is happy, happy, happy.  And that makes me happy, happy, happy!  (and probably Eeyore too)  

1 comment:

  1. Haha, the thought of geriatric shorts with padding is a little scary! It is good to keep your tuckus happy though :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! Let's face it, you rock!